Products I'd Recommend to Just About Anyone.

Let me just preface this by saying that there is not a single product out there that will work on absolutely everyone, but there are certainly those that work on most, as opposed to others that are generally just crap. 

These are a few products that I love dearly and recommend constantly to just about everyone I talk to because 1) the formula rocks, and 2) the shade is universally flattering. Obviously, if your skin tone is vastly different from mine, your results with these products will likely vary.

::1:: Dior Amber Diamond 
This peachy champagne highlighter has been my HG for years now. I used to mostly mix all the shades together and dust them on the high points of my face (tops of the cheekbones, browbones, down the bridge of the nose, cupid's bow), but now that I'm quite pale, I've been utilizing the lighter side more. That's the beauty of this powder. Since there are five strips of color, you can customize it a bit to your current skin tone. In addition, I find that it's really finely milled and depending on what brush you use and how much you use, you can create a highlight that ranges from a natural glow to something slightly more dramatic.
(swatched here)

::2:: MAC Nylon Eyeshadow
I think I added Nylon to my collection close to a year ago, and I've been obsessed with it ever since. I only really use it for one purpose, as an inner corner highlight, but that's because it seriously puts all other inner corner highlight shades to shame. It's a frosty white gold that is more dramatic than your average champagne highlight, but I find that that is also what makes it 10x more eye catching.

::3:: Burberry Tangerine Blush 
Tangerine is the perfect matte, peachy pink and easily one of my absolute favorite blushes in my collection. The formula never looks powdery on and instead just seems to melt into the skin, which is why I'm so smitten with it.
(swatched here)

::4:: Burberry Midnight Brown Eyeshadow 
Again, Burberry is on point with their eyeshadow formula too, and although I love all of the shades I own (clearly depicted in this post), I think Midnight Brown is a must-have for everyone. Smokey eye lovers will enjoy it for more obvious reasons, while those who tend to prefer a more natural eye can still find endless utility in it by using it on an angled liner brush to add soft definition to the lash line or on a standard MAC 217-like brush to add a bit of drama to the outer lid. It's the perfect shade to spice up a barely there daytime eye look and transform it into a more nighttime appropriate look.
(swatched here)

::5:: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst
The Caviar Sticks are some of the best cream eyeshadows I've come across to date. Amethyst in particular has amazing staying power (I've used it without primer many times), and I think the purpley taupe shade will flatter many different skin tones and eye colors.

::6:: NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick 
Although Dolce Vita is a MLBB shade on me, I think those who are considerably fairer than I am would pull it off beautifully as a refined, muted rose with a natural sheen. I also find Dolce Vita easy to swipe on on-the-go without a mirror, very moisturizing, and comfortable to wear.
(swatched here; worn here)

::7:: Tarte Exposed Blush 
Exposed is one of my few go-to blushes when I have trouble settling on a shade. It's a matte, mauvey nude that I think would suit most everyone. It can seem like quite a boring shade in the pan, but believe me, everyone needs a shade like this in their stash. I've gotten so much use out of it!
(swatched here)

::8:: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener
Though I've heard mixed reviews on the Instant Age Rewind Concealers, I've only used and can only vouch for the brightener. For me, and I suspect for many of you out there as well, the brightener isn't enough on its own to cancel out or cover up dark circles, but when used over a concealer or corrector that does, the overall effect is a fresh and bright under eye area that fools people into thinking you've gotten much more sleep than anyone has time for these days.

What are a few products you'd recommend to just about anyone?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels