My Favorite Look This Week #6

Admittedly, my product choices have been a bit of a snooze-fest lately, because I just seem to reach for the same products over and over again. I guess these could also be considered some of my current favorites.
Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in Sheer Pink Lust
Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Foundation Powder in 120
MAC Blush in Hang Loose

Although I don't necessarily think the Artist's Palette is a must-have per se, I've really been enjoying using it nonetheless. Since I had been dipping my brush into the purple tones in the palette a lot lately, I decided to go for a brown smokey eye on this particular day, opting for Bamboo on the lid, a layered combo of Truffle and Espresso Bean on the outer third of the lid, Fresco to blend everything out past the crease, and Vanilla Nuts lightly on the brow bone. I also smudged a bit of black liner into my top lash line to make my lashes appear darker and thicker to better fit the smokiness.


Ever since rediscovering Hang Loose in my stash several weeks ago, I've been rocking the slightly shimmery, cool, pale pink flush rather a lot. I think I like it more on me now that I'm at my palest, since I was quite a bit more tanned when I purchased it years ago and rarely reached for it. I find that when the two shades are swirled together, the shimmery lavender adds just the right amount of sparkle and sheen, making Hang Loose one of those highlighter-and-blush-in-one kind of products.

And Sheer Pink Lust. This lipstick is such a staple. See how natural and glossy my lips look? I love how well it complements any look, but especially a heavier eye. And it is so moisturizing.


I really liked that this brown smokey eye had a bit of softness to it, and paired with the baby pink cheeks and lips, it created a romantic look with an edge, rather than an in-your-face going out look.

I'll try to put my Artist's Palette away soon in an attempt to mix up my MFLTW posts, but I can't say it won't be a struggle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels