A Spring Pink Flush.


Following up on my FOTD post where I wore Chanel Rose Initiale but mentioned I don't turn to pink blushes as often as I should, I discovered that there are actually a few pinks that I absolutely adore. Especially with spring right around the corner, a healthy pink flush is definitely on the beauty agenda.

Clockwise from top left:
Benefit Bella Bamba
Accessorize Starlet
Benefit Sugarbomb
Collection 2000 Blushalicious
Illamasqua Hussy


L to R:
Benefit Bella Bamba
Accessorize Starlet
Benefit Sugarbomb
Collection 2000 Blushalicious
Illamasqua Hussy


Benefit Bella Bamba is a bright and fun glittery, medium pink blush that resembles the shimmery offspring of Collection 2000 Blushalicious and Illamasqua Hussy if they were to have an adorable little blush baby. While some may find it too shimmery, I love me some sparkle every now and again, so I don't mind. Given my pale winter complexion at the moment, I have to use a light hand, but it's definitely still wearable.

Accessorize Starlet is one of the few cool-toned pinks that I just can't get enough of. Although I typically find I suit warmer tones better, the contrast of a cool toned baby pink against my skin tone can be quite youthful and refreshing, and Starlet is one of my favorites for this purpose, without a doubt.

Benefit Sugarbomb is probably the least pink pink of the five blushes in this post, coming in just shy of full pink status as a shimmery, pale peachy pink. Sugarbomb is one of my favorite everyday blushes and for light to medium skin tones, you can't really go wrong with this in your collection. Unlike Bella Bamba which can sometimes come off as glittery, Sugarbomb has more of a sheen that illuminates my complexion.

Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious is a fantastic four-in-one blush, and the swatch above represents the shades all mixed together. It's a bit lighter than both Bella Bamba and Hussy, and as you might have already guessed based on the cryptic name, it's shimmery ;) This blush is a great one to travel with as each individual shade also looks great on it's own. If I'm looking for a lighter pink, I might swirl the two left shades together, or if it's a deeper, more corally pink I'm after, I'll swirl the two right shades together. The possibilities are endless with Blushalicious. Tacky name; great product.

Illamasqua Hussy is a matte, bright watermelon pink that may be a bit more suitable for the summer months, but applied lightly with care, it can definitely also work on paler skin in the spring. As it's very pigmented, I like to tap my blush brush in once or twice and tap and swirl off any excess product on the back of my hand before lightly dusting it onto my cheeks. It takes a bit of practice to not overdo it, but once you get it right, it's oh so right

What are some of your pink blush picks for spring?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels