Christmas in April ft. Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 401.

One of my favorite combinations is gold on the lids with a striking red lip. Admittedly, it can look a bit holiday-ish, but honestly, I don't care. Besides, I love Christmastime ;)
Clockwise from top left:
Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in 002
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 401
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
MAC Pigment in Melon (in sample pot)
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
Burberry Eyeshadow in Almond
Dior Diorskin Healthy Glow Summer Powder in Aurora

The Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 401 definitely looks most true to color in the photo below. It's a super bright, cherry red that can pull a bit orange. I like to think of it as the liquid, more hydrating version of MAC Lady Danger. The formula is unlike anything I've ever tried on my lips before. It applies ridiculously smoothly and feels almost velvety. It's incredibly pigmented and lasts longer on the lips than most lipglosses tend to, but I do end up having to reapply after a few hours, especially if I am eating or drinking. I also find that after a few hours, it starts to show some signs of bleeding around the edges, but it's not incredibly noticeable.

In other news, I started using Well-Rested again recently and haven fallen back in love with it. For a while when I was a bit tanner, I thought the Kim Kardashian bright under-eye look was a bit much on me, but it doesn't contrast with my skin tone so much anymore now that I'm paler. Embrace the pale, people!

I also uncovered Dior Aurora from the depths of my makeup drawer and dusted it off (only figuratively speaking of course) just in time for spring and summer. I'd seriously forgotten how utterly amazing this bronzer/blush is. I was actually itching for a new bronzer to spice up my collection, but after using Aurora again, I really no longer feel the need. It's perfection.

I'd been thinking about using MAC Melon and Rubenesque again recently after seeing an old FOTD post. Do you ever come across an old post of yours and think, "Damn, I looked good. Why don't I look like that anymore?" I kid, but seriously, it's one of my favorite eye combos. Rubenesque on its own is quite sheer and muted on my lids, but it's the perfect base for Melon and the two go together like peanut butter and nutella....or jelly. You pick. I also have a tiny bit of Almond in the crease for definition.

I also wanted to add that my liner looked much better than that, but then I curled my lashes and half of my liner came off on the eyelash curler, and my attempt to fix it clearly didn't turn out as well as I thought. Thanks a lot.


Oh yeah, I cut my bangs! Yay!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels