My Lips But Better.


The concept of 'My Lips But Better', or MLBB, is a bit of a tricky one. Since everyone's natural lip pigmentation varies, so will the lip colors that give them that slightly-more-flattering-than-normal appearance.

For reference, my lips have a fair bit of rosy pigmentation on their own, so nude lipsticks tend to be far too pale to achieve that highly desired MLBB look on me. The three lipsticks I consider my MLBB lipsticks are all variations on a medium, warm, rosy nude.


L to R: NARS Dolce Vita, YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in #9 Nude in Private, MAC Sheen Supreme in Bare Again

NARS Dolce Vita is the most rosy of the three.
YSL Nude in Private is lighter than Dolce Vita and sheerer and pinker than Bare Again.
MAC Bare Again is more pigmented and a touch darker and browner than Nude in Private.

L to R: NARS Dolce VitaYSL Rouge Volupté Shine in #9 Nude in PrivateMAC Sheen Supreme in Bare Again


Of these three, Nude in Private gives me the most believable MLBB look, as Dolce Vita is a touch too rose and Bare Again is a touch too pigmented. I find lipsticks with sheerer pigmentation are better at creating that natural, fleshy lip that the whole MLBB concept aims to achieve.

You can see me wearing Dolce Vita here, Nude in Private here, and Bare Again here. I didn't include lip swatches in this post because they all look quite similar on the lips; the slight nuances are easier to detect in the traditional arm swatch :)


What's your perfect 'My Lips But Better' lipstick?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels