Chanel Le Blush Crème de Chanel in Présage.

I'm a sucker for cream blushes. I'm also a sucker for anything Chanel. So, when I heard Chanel was releasing new cream blushes with their fall collection, I couldn't get my grubby little hands on one fast enough. 

Présage, a bright apricot-coral, screamed my name and quickly weaseled its way into my shopping cart and onto my cheeks.

It's no secret that I'm generally not a fan of cream-to-powder blush formulas; however, the Le Blush Crème de Chanel formula isn't quite cream-to-powder. It starts off as a cream, but the second you start blending it into the skin, it dries down. Don't get me wrong - it doesn't become difficult to blend at that point; it's just not creamy anymore...but not exactly powdery either. It doesn't have the same silicone-y feeling that cream-to-powder formulas typically have.

I've only used Présage once so far, and to be honest, I thought I was going to have to experiment a bit with application and test it out for a few days before being able to review it after hearing that some people found it difficult to apply or that it didn't last long on the skin. But, once I tried it for myself, I actually didn't run into a single issue. I applied Présage with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush over unpowdered foundation, and it applied and blended the blush beautifully. And when I went to take my makeup off 9 hours later, it was still going strong.

From what I gather, because the Le Blush Crème de Chanel is a denser cream formula and not as creamy or "wet" as say, a MAC blushcreme or an Illamasqua cream blusher, how well it applies and how long it lasts on the skin will depend heavily on the brush you use to apply it.....and your skin type of course. After finding success using the Expert Face Brush, I think the key is really to use a dense brush to work the product into the skin, which will help it to last throughout the day as well. With most cream blushes, including PrésageI apply them by patting the color down onto my cheeks first, then gently blending it out using a quick dabbing motion in order to not move the foundation/concealer underneath. And though I have combination skin, my cheeks are typically more "normal," so those with oily skin on their cheeks too may experience issues with these blushes lasting on them.
Présage is incredibly pigmented but also easy to sheer out with blending. It doesn't have any shimmer, and once you start blending it into the skin, it dries down, loses all shine and becomes matte without appearing heavy, cakey or powdery.


Overall, I really enjoy the no-fuss Le Blush Crème de Chanel formula, and Présage is a beautiful shade for summer or just a quick complexion pick-me-up. I don't absolutely love it, simply because I prefer dewy, true cream blush formulas myself, but I can definitely see others falling in love with these, especially when the shade range is utter perfection.

I purchased the Chanel Le Blush Crème de Chanel in Présage from Nordstrom for $38.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels