Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light.


After being quite impressed with how Diffused Light performed, I made a quick pit stop at Sephora on Valentine's Day when the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders debuted in-stores and picked up Dim Light, "a neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones" according to Hourglass.





Dim Light has very fine, soft shimmer running throughout it, though it doesn't translate as shimmery or glittery on the skin when used correctly. I find this particular shade best used as an all-over finishing powder rather than as a concentrated highlighter.

Unlike Diffused Light, which I didn't swatch because it seemed pointless, Dim Light shows up on my arm when swatched, as it is a bit darker than my skin tone. When I used it for the first time, loading it up on my powder brush in the same way I use Diffused Light, the result was a bit cakey and Snooki-like on me. Dim Light has the potential to add quite a bit of peachy tan color on light skin tones like mine. Those with very fair skin tones may find Dim Light too dark and muddy on them, even when applied in moderation.

I've found that the key is to use it sparingly; don't use a particularly dense powder brush to apply it and start off with only a minimal amount of powder on the brush. Once you are able to see how the powder affects the appearance of your complexion based on your application technique, you can adjust from there. Remember, you can always add more powder if you need it, but removing it in cases of over-application is far more tedious.

Dim Light heavily swatched (left) and blended in (not really visible in photo)


Because Dim Light offers up a small dose of peachy tan pigment, it seems to blur imperfections every so slightly, simply due to the fact that it adds a touch of extra coverage to my foundation and concealer. It controls my oily T-zone fairly well, and it never makes my skin look too matte. I find that the overall finish on my skin is quite radiant as a result of the subtle micro-shimmer, and since the powder is incredibly finely milled, it just seems to melt into my foundation and never looks powdery when used correctly.

I purchased Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light from Sephora for $45.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels