Love at First Sight: Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme.


If you follow me on Instagram at WillWorkForMakeup (shocking username, I know!), you might have seen my cheeky Friday purchase and my new love, the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme. Normally, I'd prefer to use a product a bit more before reviewing it, but in this case, I just couldn't wait. I love this stuff too much.


According to Dior, the Diorskin Nude BB Creme:
1. Corrects transparently.
2. Lights the skin up with a fresh glow. 
3. Gently hydrates.
4. Instantly smoothes.
5. Protects, day after day.


I have it in the shade Fair 002, and I think the color is a great match for my NC20 skin tone. I use about a large pea-sized amount to cover my entire face, and it blends in quickly and effortlessly with my Real Techniques Stippling brush, which I almost always use for foundation/tinted moisturizer application. 

What I love most about it is the gorgeous dewy finish that is never greasy. The BB creme feels light and invisible on the skin, like you're wearing nothing at all, and the finish never feels wet, sticky or tacky to the touch, yet somehow it's able to achieve the most healthy, dewy glow I've ever seen. Dior boasts an "astoundingly natural finish," but I actually think it's much more than that, because my skin naturally would never be able to look this radiant on its own.

Though I do like to powder at least through the t-zone, even without powder, my skin does not get very shiny under this BB creme throughout the day. Yes, I still tend to blot here and there, but it's nothing out of the usual, and it definitely doesn't make my skin more oily than normal.

The coverage is sheer; perfect for good skin days or lazy days when you can't be bothered with a full face of foundation. A bit of concealer on my blemishes and under my eyes, and the overall coverage is ideal for me.

Despite having SPF 10, I decided to take a chance and wear it on a night out Friday night just to see if it was enough SPF to cause a white cast in flash photos. Verdict: No white cast in sight. Phew!


Wearing the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in Fair 002 (with concealer but without powder)



Now for the Achilles heel: the lasting power. It's nothing to write home about. Within four hours, I'm able to notice the product breaking down on my t-zone and chin, undeniably my oiliest areas, even with powder. After eight hours, I get the feeling that a considerable amount of the product has actually disappeared into oblivion. But what will keep me coming back to this BB creme despite this shortcoming? The unimaginably radiant, dewy finish. The light, invisible feel on my skin. The perfect color match. The overall effect on my skin. Need I say more?

I purchased the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme from Sephora for $44.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels