Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream.


Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream came highly praised and recommended by my skincare idol, Caroline Hirons, and it has since become both my day and nighttime moisturizer. It's a moisturizer aimed at dry, sensitive and combination skin types, though to me, it doesn't seem quite moisturizing enough for the driest of dry skin states when used on its own.


Goat Milk Cream is a white cream, as you'd expect, that has quite a light consistency for a cream. Assuming you use the right amount of product (I use a full pump at night and bit less during the day), it sinks into the skin quickly without leaving any greasy residue sitting on the surface. Using too much = potential greasy mess.

For daytime moisturization, I use only this cream, and I find that it preps the skin nicely for makeup as well. Before bedtime, I use this over a hydrating serum (I'll talk about those in another post), as I find it does not provide enough hydration on its own for my dry winter skin. 


I like to think of this cream as the moisturizer counterpart to my beloved Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser in the sense that it is a simple, non-offensive moisturizer that does what it's meant to do without irritating skin or clogging pores in the process. 

I have combination, acne-prone skin at the moment (oily t-zone with dry cheeks and forehead), and I've found that moisturizers geared towards oily and/or acne-prone skin don't provide nearly enough hydration for my dry spots, while those formulated for normal to dry skin often leave my face looking like an oil slick. Goat Milk Cream is the perfect medium, in my opinion. Bravo, Kate Somerville. Bravo.

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream retails for $55 for 1.7oz and is available from Sephora.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels