YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in #15 Corail Intuitive.

I remember back when I started blogging nearly 3 years ago, the original YSL Rouge Volupté line was all the rage. At one point, I even had two of my own until I came to the sad realization that I really didn't care for the formula at all, and I had just bought into the hype. Though they were pigmented and creamy, they seemed to settle into lip lines like nobody's business, and the wear time was virtually non-existent. I eventually sold one in a blog sale and kept the other because I liked the color (Peach Passion, if you're curious), though not without hesitation.

Fast forward a few years and YSL has now brought out a new, ultra-hydrating and shiny version of the Rouge Voluptés, appropriately called Rouge Volupté Shine. You'd think I would have learned my lesson and steered clear, but being the makeup fiend I am, I bought one.

Although I've been on a bold lip kick lately, I really wanted to choose a shade that was more wearable for everyday to ensure I could wear it often enough to make it worth the $34 (ouch!) investment. I ultimately went with #15 Corail Intuitive after seeing how gorgeous it looked on my friend Jess.



Corail Intuitive is a peachy coral, and although it has a sheerer finish than the original formula, I find the color can be easily built up too. It has tiny micro-shimmer that really isn't visible on the lips. What I love about this formula compared to the original is that it doesn't settle into lip lines and is incredibly hydrating, whereas I felt the original tended to sit on the lips instead. In addition, unlike the original formula where it felt like I was wearing lipstick, I find this formula much more lightweight and comfortable, and it feels more like a balm due to its moisturizing properties, although it is creamier than a traditional balm. It has the usual YSL lipstick scent (mango?), and it lasts for about 2-3 hours on my lips.




Overall, I love this lipstick. I've been reaching for it most days. I love how hydrating and comfortable the formula is, and the shiny finish is quite natural and makes lips look incredibly soft and supple. I wouldn't be surprised if another shade (or two) eventually find their way into my collection ;)

I purchased mine online from Sephora (not all shades are available yet) for $34.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels