Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder.

The beautiful Jessica from Jessica Beautician recently offered to pick up the Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder for me after my many sad, failed attempts at locating it online. What drew me in to this powder, despite already owning enough powders to last me a lifetime and then some, is the classic, vintage packaging, complete with french writing I don't understand in the slightest, but it sure looks nice!

The Java Rice Loose Powder is Bourjois' current take on an old cult classic. It's a fairly heavily scented pale pink loose powder with shimmer. The powder itself is extremely light and finely milled and sets makeup beautifully and delicately without looking cakey or heavy. Once blended into the skin, the pink-toned powder has an overall translucent effect on the skin and would likely suit fair to light-medium skin tones best. I fear it could start to turn ashy on darker skin tones.

Swatched heavily

Although the shimmer is quite evident when looking at the powder in the pot, when applied lightly and blended well, I find that the shimmer allows the powder to provide the skin with a radiant, illuminated finish, rather than a sparkley or glittery one. In my opinion, the effect of the powder is much too sheer and subtle to serve as an effective highlighting powder, even when applied with a denser brush.


I like to use the Java Rice Loose Powder to set my makeup, and it also works brilliantly to set under-eye concealer due to its soft and light texture. Although it doesn't claim to, it seems to offer fair oil-control in my t-zone as well, which is an added bonus. Overall, the ultra-light and semi-matte, yet radiant, effect the Java Rice Loose Powder has on my complexion has impressed me, earning it a spot in my daily makeup rotation for the past few weeks.

Unfortunately, the Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder is not easily attainable in the US at present time, but I would recommend checking Asos often in case they start stocking it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels