The Quintessential Autumn Polish.

In terms of nail color, I seem to back away from the neons and pastels a bit and gravitate more towards warm and rich burgundies, wines and maroons in the fall and winter. Luckily for me, I've discovered the quintessential autumn polish.

The beauty in question is Formula X by Sephora in Infinite, described by Sephora as an aubergine pearl. It's a rich aubergine with red shimmer heavily laced throughout it that in some lights, it makes the polish appear more maroon or wine. 

In reality, what drew me to this shade, despite my eyes and senses being bombarded with what seemed like hundreds of brand new shades from Sephora's new line, was how similar it was to the types of warm burgundy and maroon shades I like to wear in the colder months, but at the same time, how the obvious purple base really set it apart from others I already had in my collection.


In these next two photos, Infinite looks noticeably red when the natural sunlight is shining directly on it.

Infinite looks most true to color in these last photos, both in the bottle and on my nails.

As for the formula, my expectations were set high, especially as Sephora claims that Formula X boasts "invincible wear, incredible saturated color, and ultimate shine." The Sephora SA even told me that she felt the formula was just as good as gel nails.

My experience? I applied it over my usual base (OPI Nail Envy) and topped off two coats of Infinite with my usual top coat (CND Super-Shiney High Gloss Top Coat), and by day 3, several of my nails had significant chips. In terms of application, however, the formula was great and achieved flawless coverage and decent shine in two thin coats.

Despite the obvious shortcoming, the shade is so stunning that I'm prepping my nails for a fresh application as we speak. Hopefully, this time, I'll be rewarded with a more impressive wear time.


Formula X by Sephora in Infinite is available at Sephora for $10.50.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels