My NARS blush collection.

When it comes to blush, NARS knows what they're doing. From the vast shade range to the promise of excellent pigmentation that always delivers, their blushes have earned a cult following for a reason. My collection of NARS blushes may not be as extensive as you might expect; however, I feel as though the relatively modest selection I have make up quite a strong group, as there actually aren't many others from the brand still remaining on my wishlist. 
Clockwise from left:
Orgasm (in a duo with Laguna bronzer)
Douceur
Luster
Mounia
Sin
Desire


Orgasm is a bright pinky-coral with golden shimmer. If there was an award for most raved about product in magazines, it would undoubtedly go to Orgasm. Surprisingly, I don't reach for Orgasm all that much, and while I don't absolutely hate it, I don't particularly care for how it looks on me either. It sometimes gives me a rosacea-esque look that I'm not exactly fond of, for obvious reasons. 

Douceur is a brown-tinged, tawny pink that looks so much more flattering on the cheeks than it appears in the pan. It's one of those goes-with-everything kind of blushes that you can never have too many of in your collection. It gives a sculpted look to my cheeks that I find really flattering, yet still natural and never overdone.

Luster is a shimmery, golden peach that is insanely flattering on both untanned and tanned skin tones. Speaking from experience, Luster is one of those shades you really have to try on your cheeks in order to truly appreciate what it can do for your complexion. It instantly gives my skin a lit-from-within kind of look, as if I've soaked up more vitamin D than I really have.

Mounia is a raspberry red that could not be any more perfect for fall and winter. The tiniest amount blended onto both cheeks immediately perfects the rosy-flush-from-being-out-in-the-cold look, without having to actually endure the cold. Unfortunately, Mounia is discontinued :(

Sin is a mauvey, berry-grape that quite frankly, looks muddy and scary in swatches but completely transforms itself on the cheeks. Another fantastic fall and winter blush when you find that your go-to pinks just don't offer enough depth or richness.

Desire is a bright bubblegum pink that instantly brightens up any complexion. I really don't use this one as much as I should. Maybe because it looks beautiful yet utterly terrifying at the same time. A light-handed application is absolutely required with Desire.

L to R:
Orgasm
Douceur
Luster
Mounia
Sin
Desire


If I had to choose a favorite, it'd be a toss-up between Douceur, Luster and Sin. I love both Mounia and Desire, but admittedly, I don't reach for either one as often as I'd like, probably due to them requiring a more careful application technique. Orgasm, I could do without and I definitely think it's overrated, but I still use it every now and again just for the hell of it.

So, what's left on my NARS blush wishlist you ask? 
1. Dolce Vita - Looks like the perfect grown-up blush. The I-only-have-one-blush-in-my-makeup-bag-because-that's-all-I-need kind of blush. Vastly different from the shades I tend to go for.
2. Madly - For a no-blush kind of blush look....because the best way to make it appear as though you're not wearing something is to wear it, right? Makes no sense. My apologies.
3. Deep Throat - Just because it looks so pretty on so many others. I'm sure I already have a dupe somewhere. Don't need it, but stillllll.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels