A daytime red from the drugstore.

After realizing how brilliant Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in Sheer Pink Lust is, I was desperate to add at least one more Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour to my collection. I settled on the red in the range, called Sheer Rouge.

Sheer Rouge is a sheer (surprise, surprise!), juicy red with slightly pink undertones. To be honest, I was hoping it would be more of a true, bright cherry red thank a pink-toned one, but we can't win 'em all, can we? Like Sheer Pink Lust, the formula glides on like a lip balm and moisturizes like one too. The pigmentation can be built up to about medium opacity, and though there is a bit of slip to the formula, it's not so much so that the lipstick ends up all over your face after a few minutes. 


My only qualm about Sheer Rouge is the lasting power. Without eating or drinking, I noticed the color faded significantly after only an hour or two, although my lips still felt hydrated long after the color had disappeared.

Regardless of this downfall, I think Sheer Rouge would make a great, pocket-friendly, on-the-go daytime red lip option, particularly for those who aren't bothered by the need for reapplication. It's easy to apply (doesn't require a mirror), incredibly moisturizing and offers just enough red to spice up a daytime look without going overboard. 

*tosses into handbag*

Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour in Sheer Rouge is available at Target for $10.99.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels