La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid.

I bought the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid with the intention of using it under my foundation for sun protection and for added coverage, but since acquiring it a few weeks ago, I've actually enjoyed just using it on its own as a light base on ultra-natural makeup kind of days.

Because of its thin, liquid consistency, shaking the bottle before each use is a must in order to fully disperse the tint within the sunscreen. I prefer to use my fingers, rather than  a brush, to apply it because the consistency is quite watery. It is quick and easy to apply and blend out, even with fingers. Due to its ultra-light consistency, it feels like absolutely nothing on the skin, which is quite unlike many other sunscreens on the market.

It has a liquid to powder finish, and what has impressed me the most about it is its oil-control properties! I didn't expect or anticipate it would be able to keep my t-zone oils at bay all day as exceptionally as it does, and I often don't find the need for a foundation primer or powder. The tint is the traditional one-shade-suits-most kind of idea, and though it looks quite dark straight out of the bottle, it's so sheer that it really does suit most. For reference, I'm currently an NC20.

Straight from the bottle on the left; Somewhat blended on the right

I find that La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid is best used in place of foundation only on good skin days. You could, however, use it everyday under your foundation for its sunscreen properties alone of course. On its own, it won't cover up blemishes or redness completely, but I do find that it tones down redness a bit and helps to noticeably even out my skin tone. I touch up with some concealer only on areas where I need it and often skip the powder altogether, although you could use one for added coverage if you so please. Using a powder for oil-control isn't really necessary though, in my opinion.

Wearing the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid with concealer only

In addition to the SPF 50 UVA/UVB protection, the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid also provides a patented anti-oxidant complex to further protect the skin from free radicals and the like that exist in our daily environment. Though I don't have sensitive skin, it claims to be suitable for sensitive skin types, and it is also fragrance free.

If you're on the market for a fantastic facial sunscreen to complement your makeup routine that doesn't feel like sunscreen on your skin, I would highly recommend checking out this offering from La Roche-Posay!

I purchased the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid from Ulta for $33.50.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels