The Brow Routine.

I only started filling in my brows regularly about 2 years ago, and it has literally taken me about that long to find a method that worked for me. I've tried so many different products and techniques, many with astonishingly horrific results, that it has made me appreciate my current routine that much more.

The problem with my brows is that they are very sparse, the individual hairs are quite thin, and the shape leaves much to be desired. I am not one of those lucky people who can simply brush through my brows with some brow gel and call it a day, mainly because a brow gel would likely brush right past my brow hairs and deposit the product directly onto my skin.

Pencils, felt-tip pens and liquid brow products all tend to give my brows a harsh, drawn-on kind of look. When I first started experimenting with filling them in, I got quite a few "What the hell?!" looks from my brother. I've found through trial and error that I get the most natural looking brow (even if it may look drawn-on to some) with a brow powder. My brow powder of choice is the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette.

I've tried several different angled liner brushes for my brows and while they were all decent, the Japonesque Angled Brow Definer Brush #240 trumps them all by a long shot. It's quite thin and stiff and makes it easy to control application, especially at the tail end of the brows. Definitely the best brow brush I've ever tried.
I used to use a mixture of MAC Wedge and Mystery eyeshadows for my brows, but it was too warm-toned for my liking. The Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette contains two cool-toned shades, and I tend to mix them about 50/50 for my brows.

Below are my brows without any product:

Here are my brows after filling them in with the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette using the Japonesque #240 brush:
What a difference it makes, right? 

Filling in my brows is by far my least favorite part of my makeup routine (which is probably why I never talk about them on my blog), simply because it can really be hit or miss for me. Some days, filling them in and getting them to look similar and decent is quite easy, while other days, it can be a struggle because I'm more or less drawing them on with powder since my natural brows are so lacking. However, the brows' ability to complete a look is undeniable, which is why it is a necessity for me.

Now when I don't fill them in, my brother asks me where my brows went. -_-


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels