Creamy Cheeks.


Now that my skin is more balanced and normal, I've been embracing cream cheek products more because they just seem to look nicer on my skin. Since my skin isn't as oily, they don't slip and slide off my face, and since my dry patches are gone, there's nothing for the creams to emphasize or cling to anymore. Hallelujah!

Today, I opted for a cheek combo that consists of all cream products.
L to R:
Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Lies
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel
Stila Convertible Color in Petunia

I used my Sephora I.T. Contour Brush (I think it may be discontinued) to apply the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel under my cheekbones as a contour. It can lean a bit orange, especially on fair skin tones, so it's important to use as little product as necessary to get your desired effect.
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel (with annoying brush hairs...grrr!)

Using the same Sephora contour brush, I applied the Stila Convertible Color in Petunia to my cheekbones, concentrating the color more towards my hairline and avoiding the apples of my cheeks altogether. I've been experimenting with different blush placements lately, and I've really enjoyed the look of brighter blushes here :)
Stila Convertible Color in Petunia

To finish off my cheeks, I applied Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Lies to the tops of my cheekbones with a Real Techniques Setting Brush as a highlight, gently blending it down into Petunia. Although it is a cream blusher, Lies is a pearlescent baby pink that is really more of a highlighter than anything. Even on fairer skin tones, I think Lies would be too shimmery and pearly to be used as a blush.

(Note: The blush looks like a medium pink in the pan, but if you notice, the middle part where I've worn off the top layer with a brush is a much lighter pink, and that is the color that is indicative of Lies.)
Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Lies

L to R:
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel
Stila Convertible Color in Petunia
Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Lies



I think the key when concentrating the application of three products all on the cheeks is to blend, blend, blend. Blend into the skin, but also blend into each of the other products. 

When I apply my contour, I place it under the cheekbones initially, but then I blend it up towards the cheekbones. Blending down would defeat the purpose of creating a shadow directly under the cheekbones and just leave a brown mess too close to your jawline.

I apply my blush where I want it, blending it into the skin so that there are no definitive lines, and when I apply my highlighter to the tops of the cheekbones, I blend it down into the blush. Especially when using cream products with textures that complement each other, as these three do, the finished product will never look like the result of using three different products, but rather just a perfectly sculpted cheekbone.


What are your favorite cream cheek products?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels