Natural Everyday Makeup + My Valentine's Day Makeup.


I often find it the most difficult to find a suitable makeup look to go along with a primarily red outfit. In my case where I decided on a bright red top for Valentine's Day, the typical smokey eye seems over the top, no-makeup makeup seems too natural and screams "I didn't even try," while a classic red lip seems a bit matronly and too matchy matchy. 

The look I ultimately settled on complemented my top perfectly without competing for attention, and the fact that I've also worn it twice already since Valentine's Day makes me think it might also be my new natural everyday makeup routine :)

Note: The following photos were taken today, not on Valentine's Day, but the makeup is the same.

On my eyes, I primed with TFSI and followed up with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as a base to neutralize any redness. For shadows, I turned to the Stila In the Know Palette for some solid matte shades and used a mixture of the 3rd and 4th shades from the top row all over the lid, a mixture of the two darkest brown shades in the palette blended into the top lashline and in the outer corner, and the middle shade in the bottom row to blend everything out.

A touch of black liner on my top waterline, brown liner on my bottom waterline (I didn't want anything too harsh) and a generous dose of mascara on the top lashes completed my eye look.

On my cheeks, I wore Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed, a perfect neutral pink, with Dior Amber Diamond on the tops of my cheek bones.

For my base, I wore my new love, the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in 002 with a bit of concealer under my eyes and on any redness on my face. I topped everything off with my newest Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, a product I plan on dedicating  a post to soon, so hang tight if you're interested.

Lastly, on my lips, I have YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in Nude in Private, the perfect MLBB shade for me.

I really loved how it turned out, to be honest. I think the touch of smokiness on the eyes works well both during the daytime and at night, while the cheek and lip colors would complement nearly any look. I've already deemed Nude in Private a handbag staple :)

What makeup did you wear on Valentine's Day?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels