NARS And God Created the Woman.


It's no secret I'm an eye palette lover. The convenience factor is undeniable, and coupled with solid neutrals that complement a multitude of skin tones, the utility is endless.

NARS And God Created the Woman palette is a Sephora-exclusive palette, and after seeing it on Alison's blog, I knew I had to have it.
NARS And God Created the Woman Eye Palette


The palette includes 6 shades: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari, Galapagos, Coconut Grove and Night Clubbing. Each shade comes in at 0.03oz, which is a bit less than the 0.04-0.05oz that normally comes in NARS' eye palettes, like the Pleasures of Paris palette, which I also own. But, unlike those other palettes, this one also comes with a mini tube of their eyeshadow base and an eyeshadow brush. 
Top, L to R: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari
Bottom, L to R: Galapagos, Coconut Grove, Night Clubbing

L to R: Alhambra, Bellisima, Kalahari, Galapagos, Coconut Grove, Night Clubbing

Alhambra and Kalahari are shimmery, Bellisima and Coconut Grove are matte, and Galapagos and Night Clubbing have micro-glitter that barely translates when applied to the eye, so no fall-out either. Like the other NARS palette I own, I sometimes find that their matte shades swatch a bit chalky but do not apply with the same difficulty. Over primer, NARS shadows last hours and hours on me without fading or creasing.

I think the combination of neutral shades here is a winner. What the palette is missing that holds it back from being a completely functional palette on its own, in my opinion, is that it lacks a highlight shade. 

Here, I've used Kalahari all over the lid, Bellisima in the crease, and Galapagos in the outer third of the eye to darken it up.

Overall, I'm loving this palette at the moment. Is it a must-have? Probably not, but if you're a neutral lover, especially one that needs a compact, travel-friendly palette, this is definitely worth looking into.

I purchased the NARS And God Created the Woman Eye Palette from Sephora for $59.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels