My Favorite Look This Week #5

It was exactly intentional, but I realized sometime this week that I've been slowly incorporating more fall tones into my makeup little by little. My favorite look this week was a bit heavier and smokier than some of the other MFLTW looks, and it's a favorite for a few different reasons:

Firstly, I'm wearing the base combination I talked about in this post, and the fuller coverage has been a nice change of pace for me. It doesn't hurt that the lasting power is phenomenal either. 

Secondly, the eyes. I had been using my Laura Mercier Artist's Palette almost exclusively since acquiring it a few weeks ago, but I started missing my LORAC PRO Palette this week, so I took it out for a spin. It's still my favorite eyeshadow palette at the moment, without a doubt. It's not easy finding a palette where you literally love every single shade. I opted for a smokey, taupey-purple in this look.

Lastly, I'm infatuated with Illamasqua Lies' glossy pink sheen. I have quite a few highlighters, but definitely nothing quite like Lies.

LORAC PRO Palette (I used Nude, Pewter, Mauve, Sable and Garnet)
Bobbi Brown Blush in Berry
Chanel Les Beiges Powder in 30
Illamasqua Cream Blush in Lies (it's more of a highlighter than a blush)
Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Shell
Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foundation in 120 Neutral Ivory
Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain in Honey Love


Glossy, icy pink sheen on the tops of my cheekbones, courtesy of Lies. I like using my ring finger to tap it into the skin.

I've played around a lot more with Bobbi Brown Berry blush, and I think I love it even more now than I did when I reviewed it, probably because I've gotten the application down. Now, I can apply it in a few seconds just like I can with any other blush. I think it just took some practice. I've been using the e.l.f. Blush Brush lately, and I've learned how to tap the brush in ever so gently in order to pick up the perfect amount of product each time. I don't even need to dust the brush off on the back of my hand before applying anymore! If you're on the market for that quintessential fall/winter blush shade, I'd highly recommend picking up Berry.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels