The First Berry This Fall.

Happy Fall, everyone! Berry tones always seems to run rampant this time of year, and it seems the trend won't be fading out any time soon. Bobbi Brown Berry is a newly released, limited edition blush for fall. And ladies, she's a beaut.

Berry is a bright, slightly rusty red wine with pigmentation that is hard to match. It's both a breathtakingly beautiful and frightening shade all in one. My usual go-to bright, scary blush application technique of a single light tap of my blush brush into the pan, then removing most of the product onto the back of my hand, still yields far too much product for one application. Between you and me, I definitely suffered from some serious clown cheeks after my initial attempt. 

Since then, I've learned that a lighter than light tap into the pan is absolutely necessary, and fluffing your brush onto the back of your hand until you feel as though there is no possible way there could be any product left on the brush before applying is also absolutely necessary. Trust me. I also tend to go back in with my powder brush and blend around the edges, just for good measure. Yes, I'll admit the application takes a bit of patience and practice, but once you get it right, Berry makes is so worth it. Considering its intense pigmentation, it blends quite smoothly, and as I'm sure you can imagine, it lasts all day and then some.


When applied in extreme moderation and blended seamlessly, Berry offers a bright and youthful flush of color with a richness that helps transition your look into the cooler months. 

Berry makes it easy to create a cheek that is the star of any look, if you so please; however, I chose to pair it below with a warm, bronze eye and sheer, berry lips, and I thought it complemented the subtle fall-hues perfectly.

And just in case, like me, you thought Berry might be a NARS Mounia dupe....it's not. Sorry, ladies. Mounia on the left; Berry on the right. Granted, the lighting is terrible and neither swatch is completely true to color, but I think you get the idea. Mounia is more subdued, while Berry is far brighter and more red.

Bottom line: If you're a fellow berry fan (holla!) and willing to spend the time to master the application, Berry is a must-have. If you're a swipe-and-go kinda girl, skip it.

Bobbi Brown Blush in Berry is available from Sephora for $26.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels