The Current Edit.


A few things I've been using lately...

.Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy. I started using Hussy again recently after my makeup routine experienced a bright blush drought, and I fell in love with it all over again. It's the most beautiful, insanely pigmented watermelon blush that just screams summer. One extra light tap of my blush brush for each cheek is more than sufficient, and unlike some other matte blushes, Hussy blends out seamlessly and isn't chalky in the slightest.

.Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. I randomly reached for this one day in an attempt to utilize more products in my collection, and I've been loving using it to set my under-eye concealer. It's so finely milled that I find it actually makes my skin appear softer, and I love that it truly is translucent (i.e. none of that dreaded white cast business). Occasionally, I'll use it to set the rest of my makeup as well, but I prefer my Hourglass powders for that.

.Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in 04 Sun Blondes. Though I liked Sun Blondes when I first got it, I'm completely and utterly enamored with it now! The red tones in it just seem to mimic a real tan so much more naturally than more orange-toned or exclusively brown bronzers do. A classic 3 shape on each side of my face and I'm one happy (not to mention sunkissed and bronzed) lady.

.Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Warm. I've been reaching for this some mornings when I'm running short on time and can't be bothered to put any thought into what blush shade to go for. The formula is good, not great, but its sheerer pigmentation means that I can be heavy-handed and rather careless with my application and no one would ever know. Yessss.

.EcoTools Bronzer Brush. I LOVE this brush. I can't believe I've only just added it to my collection. I thought I didn't need another bronzer brush, but I was so, so wrong! It's dense enough that it can really pack on the color if you want, but not so dense that it can't blend it out too. And the bristles! They're SO. FREAKIN'. SOFT. Like a puppy.


.NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. Another product that I dug out from my makeup drawer after neglecting it for a while. Since my skin has been decent lately, some days I'll just throw on a bit of tinted SPF and concealer and consider my base makeup done. I appreciate how long lasting and full coverage it is, and now that I've gotten just a bit of sun, Custard matches me perfectly. Finally.

.MAC Lipstick in Shy Girl. I thought I had lost this for the longest time, but I finally found it again about two weeks ago and have been wearing it most days since its return. It's the perfect peachy nude, and I love it paired with lightly bronzed skin and a peachy golden blush like NARS Luster.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels