Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in Sable.

You know when a seemingly boring product/shade just takes you by surprise and knocks your socks off? That's what Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in Sable did to me.

Sable consists of a warm, reddish brown and a peachy beige. The brown contains just the right amount of soft shimmer, while the beige has more of a pearl finish. Both shades are smooth and easy to work with. Others have said that while the duo is hardly revolutionary or exciting, it's also incredibly wearable and useful to have in one's collection, and I'd have to agree wholeheartedly.


Since acquiring it, I've worn it a ton but always in the same way. When it works, it just works, you know? I sweep the peachy beige shade all over the lid and apply the warm, reddish brown shade on top, just on the outer 1/2 of the lid, as well as to the lower lash line. Easy peezy.

I'm thinking on days when I might want a softer, barely-there type of look, dusting the beige shade all over the lid, MAC Wedge through the crease and using the brown shade as liner would be simple and equally as pretty.

Evidently, I thought I had done a much better job blending than I actually did. Fail.

I also went for a bit of winged liner today (Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - LOVE this stuff!), but sometimes I'll opt for a tiny bit of black pencil liner for definition instead, and that tends to keep the eyes from looking too dramatic, especially for day time.

The rest of my makeup:
Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Shell
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
Bourjois Délice de Soleil Bronzing Powder
NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Nude Peach
Illamasqua Blush in Hussy


Have you ever tried something that you thought would be a snooze, but it actually ended up becoming a staple in your collection?


Chanel Ombres Contraste Duo in Sable is available from Nordstrom for $42.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels