The Spring to Summer Transition: Face Products.

Now that we're just about halfway through spring and the weather is finally starting to warm up in my neck of the woods, I figured now would be as good a time as any to show you some of the products I'll be relying on to transition my spring face makeup routine into summer. Not to worry: I'll do a follow-up post with eye and lip products soon :)

A foundation with a light, natural finish that still allows my skin to show through will be my go-to during this transition period. A great option that fits the bill is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (I have shade 3.0). However, since I'm currently using chemical exfoliants that can cause photosensivity and considering the sun has (thankfully) started peeking its head out on a much more regular basis, it'll be more important than ever for me to use SPF on my face, and I'll meet that requirement either by layering the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid (I have the tinted version) under my non-SPF containing foundations or by wearing a base that already offers some sun protection, such as the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme in 002. The Dior BB Creme only contains SPF 10 though, so I'll most likely still opt for the La Roche-Posay underneath for extra protection.

To add a fresh luminosity to my complexion since I tend to find that my complexion looks extra dull and sallow at its palest (ie right now), I'll either mix in a pea-sized amount of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone into my foundation, or use it on its own to highlight the high points of my face. For a bit of an added tan and glow, I might choose to prime my face with the Becca Bronzing Skin Perfector prior to applying my foundation.


The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light will be a godsend since it perks up my complexion by adding an ultra-subtle glow with just a few sweeps of my brush, yet it also manages to set and perfect my foundation while extending the wear time, too. 

In terms of bronzer, I'm really liking the Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Cream Bronzer in Warm Tan, a matte tan bronzer with a cream-to-powder finish. It looks much darker in the pan than it does swatched or blended into the skin and despite how dark it appears in these photos, it's definitely suitable for light to medium skin tones. Lastly, to add a punch of color to the apples of my cheeks, I've been loving the Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Color in Lush Nectarine, a beautiful peachy coral that is a welcomed change to the nude and berry shades I gravitated towards in the colder months.

What are some of the face products that will help you transition your routine from spring to summer?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels