My Morning Skincare Routine.

After posting my nighttime skincare routine, I thought it was only appropriate that I followed up with my morning routine as well.

What do my mornings generally look like? Imagine me scrambling to get my eyebrows on and getting them to look like cousins and not strangers on the subway, remembering to brush through my bangs as to ensure they're not still plastered to my forehead from the night before, and making sure I at least have matching shoes on before leaving the house and you've got a pretty good idea.

Like most of us, I don't have tons-o-time in the morning to spend pampering my skin the same way I do in the evenings. It's important that every product and motion I go through for skincare is meaningful and serves a purpose. That random serum I've been dying to try out? That can wait; mornings are not the time for experimentation.

With my brain still in sleep mode and my eyes open just wide enough to see the sliver of light necessary to locate the bathroom, I wash my face with the Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser and remove it, along with all the oil and residue that accumulated during my slumber, with a washcloth. It's light enough where it feels cooling and refreshing on the skin (anything to help me wake up!), but it still gets the job done. Also, who wants to be splashing their faces with water at this time of day anyway?!

Once my skin is clean, I apply bit of Hydraluron only to my under-eye area. I don't use hydrating serums all over in the daytime as I find my combo skin doesn't require it, but seeing as how my under-eye area has a tendency to be extra dry, often leading to my concealer going patchy, I find the extra hydration beneath my normal eye cream is a godsend. 

Speaking of eye cream, I recently finished up my Pai Anti-Aging Echium Eye Cream, which I really enjoyed, but after trialing a sample of the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm a few weeks ago, I was in love. As soon as I used my last drop of the Pai, I was off to buy a jar of the Algenist. It's a thick cream/balm that is unimaginably hydrating (even more so on when used in tandem with Hydraluron), and it plumps up my under-eye area like nothing I've tried before. It wears perfectly under concealer and makeup as well.

For moisturizer, I use a pea-sized amount of Embryollise Lait-Crème Concentrè, and I love that it hydrates and nourishes my skin while also prepping it and turning it into the perfect canvas for foundation and makeup.

After sleeping all night with a nighttime lip balm soaking into my lips and working its magic (I swear by the C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm), I either use a toothbrush to gently scrub away any dead skin cells in the morning or use the LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub. The lip scrub is more gentle than a toothbrush, not to mention it tastes 100x more amazing :) Then, as I'm doing my makeup, I let a thin layer of the NUXE Rêve de Miel sink in to my lips to prep them for whatever lip product I choose to use that day. I actually hate using the NUXE at night because I find that it makes my lips peel the next day, but for some reason, when I use it sparingly in the mornings, it seems to be okay and acts as a good base for lipstick.

Lastly, if I'm being a good girl, I'll remember to slather my face with sunscreen before finishing my makeup and leaving the house. Right now, I'm LOVING the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid, which I reviewed in more detail here.

In an ideal world, I would use all of these products the way I just described every. single. morning, but in reality, there are certainly days I can only muster up the energy for (or only have the time for) a quick cleanse, a bit of eye cream (forget the serum!), and moisturizer. 

What is your morning skincare routine?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels