Pink, Pink, and More Pink, ft. Chanel Rose Initiale.



Evidently, I'm having a bit of a pink moment right now, which is perfect because I've been meaning to talk about one of my favorite pink blushes, Chanel Jouer Contraste Blush in Rose Initiale.


Rose Initiale is my first and only Chanel blush (not to say that won't change sometime ;), and to be honest, I kind of bought it on a whim. Pink isn't really my go-to shade for blush, as I tend to prefer something a bit more peachy or coral usually. However, everytime I asked for Chanel blush shade recommendations on Twitter (you can see I've contemplated adding one to my collection for quite some time now), Rose Initiale was always among the few shades people loved and recommended for me. So, finally, one day I caved.



Rose Initiale is a warm, medium pink with sparse, micro-shimmer that I can detect up close in the pan but not on the skin. On skin, it translates to the slightest sheen instead of shimmer. I think it's a great pink blush for everyday and definitely not Barbie-esque in any way.


Today, I applied Rose Initiale toward the backs of my cheeks rather than directly on the apples of my cheeks, as I find that especially with darker pinks, it can often cause the face to look too made up.


For the rest of my face, I used the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 130 Shell for the first time today, so we'll see how it wears on my skin. I will say that I really like the natural finish, right off the bat. I followed up with my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers (Honey under eyes and Custard on the rest of my face) and dusted a bit of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light just down my t-zone, since I want to be able to see how the foundation holds up without powder too.


On my eyes, I used my LORAC PRO Palette (shades Nude, Light Pink, Mauve and Deep Purple) with the Stila Smudge Crayon in Pink Violet on my lower lash line. I typically don't love pink tones around my eyes, but Pink Violet is gorgeous. For mascara, I used my usual Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing mascara.

To finish off, I have the Too Faced Lip Cream in Razzle Dazzle Rose, which I can already tell will become a fast favorite. I was on the market for the perfect medium pink lipstick for everyday, and although I'm still interested in MAC Speed Dial (anyone have it and love it?), for the time being, I'm more than content with Razzle Dazzle Rose filling that void instead. And Too Faced's Lip Cream formula is perfection. Literally, perfection.

And in case any of you don't already have the LORAC PRO Palette, don't forget to enter my giveaway! It really is an amazing, must-have palette :) Click here for the giveaway post.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels