Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm.


Cleansing balms were completely new to me just a mere 2 months ago. Prior to that, my skin cleansing arsenal was a pitiful one, and I really didn't have any agents that were capable of giving me a deep, thorough clean that didn't leave my face feeling stripped of moisture. With the incorporation of the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm into my line-up, my nighttime skin cleansing routine has never been the same.


I reviewed the Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser a few weeks ago and mentioned that I thought I might love it even more than the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, but the more I use both of them, the more I realize how different they are and how they shouldn't necessarily be compared. 

Although I can certainly use either of them day or night, I've come to prefer the Pai in the mornings for a quick, refreshing clean and the Emma Hardie at night for a more hydrating, intensive cleanse after I've removed my makeup with the Shu Uemura Fresh Cleansing Oil (my HG makeup removing product!). 

Although it was undeniable that the Emma Hardie cleansing balm was a great cleanser, I couldn't help but be a bit underwhelmed the first few weeks I used it. I just didn't see what all of the fuss was about if I'm being honest....perhaps because it was such a hyped up product? But the more I used it, the more I got it.


I scoop out about an almond-sized amount of the balm into my hands and mix it with a bit of warm water to emulsify it before applying it onto my dry, makeup-free skin, slowly massaging it over my eyes, onto my face, and down my neck. It never stings my eyes or causes my vision to go blurry. Then, with a damp washcloth or their cleansing cloth, I gently rub my skin in circular motions before wiping the product off. If necessary, I'll give my face a quick rinse at the end to remove any excess product, but this is rare. 

After removal of the balm, my skin feels clean, but more importantly, hydrated, nourished and incredibly soft and supple. There are never any traces of residue or greasiness left over from the balm.


The only downside to this product, for me, is that I seem to be going through it at an extortionate rate. After about 2 months of use only at night, I think I'm well past the halfway mark. Maybe that's normal? Many reviews I've read have said that they can get away with using very little product with each cleanse, but I find anything less than an almond-sized amount just gets worked into my skin rather than cleansing it. 

The balm smells gorgeous - like oranges and jasmine. Emma Hardie claims it can also be used as a rescue balm of sorts when applied to dry patches of skin on the elbows and knees, etc., or as an intensive moisturizing facial treatment when applied like a mask all over the face then removed with a damp cloth after 10 to 15 minutes. I'll be honest - I haven't tried it for either of these purposes yet, although I am looking forward to using it as a facial treatment very soon. If that doesn't sound soothing and luxurious, I don't know what does.

Similarly to the Pai cleanser, I would recommend the Emma Hardie cleansing balm for just about everyone, regardless of your skin type. It leaves skin feeling clean, soothed, and refreshed while also providing the perfect amount of hydration that never leaves skin feeling tight and would be suitable for both drier and oilier skin types (plus an appropriate moisturizer +/- a serum, of course!).

As far as cleansing balms are concerned, I'm sold. Though I love this Emma Hardie balm, curiosity often gets the best of me, and I'm contemplating trying the REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm next. Has anyone tried it? Thoughts?

I ordered the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (100ml) as a part of a set on Beauty Bay for around $50 (I think it may have been on sale at the time), but it's also available on Feel Unique for $56.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels