NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: Is It Worth the Hype?

The release of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers was an exciting one for me. I ordered them as soon as they were available on NARS' website and have been using them exclusively ever since in order to thoroughly test them out. Bottom line: They are fantastic concealers depending on where you're using them.
Honey (left) and Custard

I'll be honest with you. I only intended to get Custard but ended up with Honey too because I wanted free shipping (I placed my order mere hours before NARS released a new free shipping code -_-), but I didn't mind too much because I prefer to use a pink-toned concealer under my eyes anyway. 

The Radiant Creamy Concealers are liquid concealers that come with doe-foot applicators. I apply it to my face using the applicator (not super hygienic I suppose, but oh well) and blend it out using the Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57 (aka the best concealer brush known to man, but I'll save that for another post). They are easy to blend out and have close to full coverage. A little goes a long way with these.

Although I typically apply concealer over my foundation, for the purpose of showing how well the concealer covers on its own, I ditched the foundation and am only wearing concealer in the 'After' photos. To start, here is my bare face:

In the following photos, I used Custard to cover up my lovely blemishes and Honey to conceal my under-eye darkness. The photos on the left are the 'Before' shots, and the ones on the right are the 'After' shots with only concealer (no powder or foundation).

A full face 'After' photo:

Before and After:
If I don't set the concealer with powder, I find that it starts to break down little by little starting at the 5 hour mark on my combination skin. Nothing too major, though. Setting it with powder extends the wear time by 3 or so hours to about 8 hours total before I notice small signs of breakdown and separation due to the oils on my face. It doesn't really fade at all when used on my blemishes and areas of discoloration.

When used under my eyes, although Honey is pink-toned, I don't find that it completely neutralizes and conceals the darkness under and around my eyes as much as I had hoped. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely still one of the better concealers I've tried for under-eyes, but I find that I get the best results when I use almost any concealer over my Armani Master Corrector in #1 Pink instead. Honey is a great concealer, but it doesn't neutralize the darkness quite as well as the Armani corrector. When used for my under eye area, I notice that the concealer starts to fade after 6 or 7 hours with or without setting it first, but it doesn't breakdown or separate the way it does on the rest of my face.

As far as the shades I chose, although I initially thought both were great matches for me (I typically use terrible indoor lighting when doing my makeup), since the sun has been coming out more and I'm able to do my makeup using the natural sunlight coming through my window, I've noticed that both Honey and Custard are actually a touch too dark on my NC20-ish skin tone. They don't look ridiculously mismatched on me, but they definitely require a lot of blending to make the edges invisible. This can sometimes be a bit of an issue since too much blending puts you at risk of blending the concealer away completely :-/ The two lighter shades NARS offers (Chantilly and Vanilla) seem like they'd be too light on me, so I'm not sure that my perfect match even exists within the range, although I am rather impressed that there are 10 shades total.

Overall, I'm loving the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for blemishes and hyperpigmentation, but the Armani Master Corrector in #1 (plus a concealer on top) is still my go-to for my under-eye area.

I purchased the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers from NARS for $28 each.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels