A Nail Frenzy.


What's been on my nails the past few weeks....
L to R:
Revlon Vixen
Essie Absolutely Shore
Essie Topless and Barefoot
Zoya Blair

I know I've seen Revlon Vixen at the drugstore many times before, but I've always passed by it without giving it a second thought...until I saw it on Anna in one of her videos. I really enjoy vampy nails, especially in the fall and winter, so it was only a matter of time before Vixen had to be added to my collection. I like that it's a true deep maroon shade that isn't too brown and doesn't have any hint of purple whatsoever.


After Vixen, I was in the mood for something a bit more bright and cheerful, so I turned to Essie Absolutely Shore, a pale mint green. Though Essie Mint Candy Apple was my go-to mint polish and still continues to be a favorite in my collection, I'd have to say Absolutely Shore has Mint Candy Apple ever so slightly beat right now.

I'd been meaning to pick up Essie Topless and Barefoot for a looong time now, and I only just got around to it last week when I was at Ulta. Though it's no surprise Essie polishes can often be hit or miss in terms of formulation (especially with their paler shades), I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that Topless and Barefoot became milky, pinky nude perfection in only two coats.

The last polish, and the one that is currently on my nails, is Zoya Blair, a deep, metallic red. I recently received Blair, along with two other polishes, when Zoya was offering a promotion where you could receive 3 free polishes and only pay the $10 shipping fee. Now that I think of it, I think I've gotten all of my Zoya polishes through promotions like that in the past :P I chose Blair after doing a bit of research online for a polish that was similar to the gorgeous Chanel Malice. Drool. Since I don't own Malice, I can't say how similar they actually are, but it is undeniable that Blair is beautiful in its own right. I've only had it on since last night but have already received a few compliments from friends and strangers :)

I also started using OPI Nail Envy last week. Has anyone tried it? I'm not really into long nails so that's not the goal, but I quite like the look of short to medium length square nails, but my nails are so thin and weak that the edges always chip off before I can get them long enough to shape them. Fingers crossed Nail Envy is as amazing as everyone makes it out to be!

What's been on your nails?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels