My Go-To Cleanser for Spotty, Blemish-Prone Skin.

I've expressed my adoration for Osmia Organics a few times before, and I'll just quickly reiterate that if you have not yet tried the Detox Exfoliating Mask (reviewed here), what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor and order a bottle now, or at least add it to your holiday wishlist. Trust me.

Another Osmia product I've been trying out for the past few months has been their Black Clay Facial Soap. I was initially hesitant simply due to the product name containing the word 'soap,' something I've learned to associate with dry, stripped skin, but I just went with it because I trusted the brand that much, and you know what? I'm glad I did. It has quickly become a staple in my collection because no other cleanser I've tried can do what it does.

The Black Clay Facial Soap contains black Australian clay and deep sea mud that draw out oil and impurities and cleanse the skin, while organic almond, avocado and castor bean oil condition and moisturize the skin. Although the soap does create a lather, it does so with the help of coconut milk rather than SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), which is a common ingredient in many other soaps and is known to strip the skin of moisture.


After wetting the soap, just a few swipes of the soap in my hands provide enough lather to cleanse my face. I'd imagine that the Black Clay Facial Soap will last me quite a long time, despite its size! I do experience a tiny bit of the squeaky-clean feeling after rinsing the soap off, but my skin doesn't feel tight or stripped of moisture post-cleanse. It's important to note that the Black Clay Facial Soap is best for normal, problem or combination skin types, and those with drier skin types may fare better with Osmia's Rose Clay Facial Soap.

Now, why has a soap become a staple in my skincare routine, you ask? Let me tell you. Several weeks ago, I experienced a terrible bout of breakouts that all started as painful, under-the-skin blemishes. I tried slapping on hefty doses of my usual overnight spot treatment for a few days to no avail. They kept progressing and showed no signs of stopping any time soon. Then, I decided to start cleansing my skin with the Black Clay Facial Soap morning and night. After one day (I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's the truth), I noticed a significant improvement. My blemishes felt much less painful, were noticeably less red, and had gotten a bit smaller and looked like they were finally starting on the decline. Two to three days later of cleansing with the soap and my skin had finally calmed down and was back to normal. I was in awe.

Since then, any time I feel a spot coming on, I start back up on the Black Clay Facial Soap twice a day routine to stop it in its tracks. Works like a charm every time. When my skin is blemish-free, I tend to use other cleansers simply because they feel more luxurious and hydrating, especially in the colder weather, but I would never even think about not having the Black Clay Facial Soap on hand at all times. Spotty skin, be gone.

Osmia Organics Black Clay Facial Soap is available on their website for $22 (2.25 oz).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels