Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre.

Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre is the most recent unnecessary addition to my makeup bag, and I've come to learn that purchases like these tend to happen when I'm wandering around Sephora without a purpose. *slaps wrist*

I was intrigued by the Cashmere Lip Cream formula after since it's not everyday you hear the term "cream-to-powder" used to describe the finish of a lip product. As expected, it has a velvet-matte finish that is feels luxurious and insanely comfortable on the lips, and it doesn't feel at all drying. Bite Beauty clearly does not use the term cashmere loosely!

Sancerre is a breathtakingly beautiful raspberry shade that made my heart skip a beat upon first swatch. The pigmentation is out of this world. I'm talking completely-opaque-with-one-swipe kind of pigmentation. And although the shade isn't exactly summer-appropriate, I couldn't help but justify the purchase as it was too gorgeous to pass up.
The doe foot applicator is rather large and flat, and I find that it picks up quite a bit more product than you actually need for one application. I often get frustrated with pigmented lip colors that come equipped with a doe foot applicator because I find it difficult to apply the color as precisely as I'd like, and this is no exception. Sancerre is definitely not a swipe-and-go kind of product, but the result is so worth it!


Sancerre lasts for ages on me. With drinking but no eating, it doesn't wear off, fade or settle into lip lines at all. AT ALL, people. However, I did notice the tiniest bit of bleeding above my top lip, so it might be worth it to pair with a lip liner. After my meal, Sancerre was still 90% intact after having faded only slightly and in the most even and subtle manner possible. The kind of fading that is only noticeable to the person wearing it.

Interested in a drugstore dupe? Try the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. The formula isn't quite as comfortable on the lips (think more drying), but it's pretty comparable and for a fraction of the price. NYX Strawberry Jam seems suspiciously similar to Sancerre too, although I learned prior to writing this post that Strawberry Jam is apparently M.I.A. right now so I can't compare.

This is my first taste of Bite Beauty, but I already know it won't be my last. Any recommendations for me? Please and thank you :)


Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre is available from Sephora for $28.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels