Underwhelmed.

I much prefer blogging about things I enjoy rather those those I don't, but it can often be helpful to hear about the less than positive experiences as well, especially when they involve products that tend to garner quite a bit of hype in the beauty blogging community. 

So, without further ado, here are a few of the products that have left me underwhelmed.

::La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Eyes::
This was actually given to me by Jessica, and I know it didn't work for her either. It's an eye gel that claims to have intense rehydration and anti-puffiness properties, and seeing as how hyaluronic acid and caffeine are key components, I had high hopes. Sadly, Hydraphase Intense Eyes turned out to be the first disappointing product I've tried from LRP thus far. Once the gel is absorbed into the skin, it's gone. I can't see it, I can't feel it, and my eye area looks and feels no different from before I applied it. 

::Tarte Maracuja Oil::
I know a lot of people rave about this oil, so when I had the opportunity to trade in 100 points at Sephora for a mini-sized bottle, I jumped on the chance. I use it before bed, and I've tried applying it on its own and on top of a hydration serum in place of my usual moisturizer. The verdict? It's an okay product. That's it - just okay. My face feels reasonably hydrated by the morning, but not necessarily supple or nourished, and definitely nothing that is deserving of all the hype it's received, in my opinion. I much prefer using my usual skincare products to this. 

::OPI Nail Envy::
I've been using this nail strengthening base coat for several months now, and I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever in the condition of my nails. They still peel and chip just as they did before - no more, no less. I'll continue to use it up just because I have it and I don't necessarily dislike it, but for me, it just doesn't deliver.

::Urban Decay De-Slick::
I've heard mixed reviews on this oil-controlling makeup setting spray, and unfortunately for me, I fall into the "not really a fan" category. I've tried using it just at the very end to set my makeup, as well as before I apply my foundation and then again at the end. Regardless of how I use it, it doesn't do anything for me. Absolutely nothing. And considering the alcohol content in it, it's just not a product that's worth using in my opinion. Good thing I only bought a mini-sized bottle.

::Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum::
I'm afraid I'm going to get stoned for including this in my post, but it has to be done. I don't dislike this product...in fact, I actually like it. But, it still underwhelmed me. I think a few other bloggers and Youtubers I talked to loved it so much and spoke so highly of it that I set my expectations just a tad too high. I use this at nighttime under my moisturizer for added hydration, and while my skin feels nice in the morning, I still prefer the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Fortifying & Soothing 24Hr Hydrating Concentrate or Hydraluron to the S.O.S. Serum, and they're both more affordable as well. Again, this is a product that I'll absolutely use up but may not repurchase.

::NUXE RĂªve de Miel::
The last product that has underwhelmed me is also many others' holy grail lip balm. To this day, I still don't know of anyone else who doesn't like this balm....except me. Dubbed by many as the best overnight lip balm ever, it came as a disappointment to me when I'd wake up time and time again with flakey lips that could not be appeased via exfoliation. It was terrible. For some reason unbeknownst to me, NUXE's lip balm makes my lips peel when I use it overnight, and wearing lipstick the next day becomes an impossible task. However, I've found a very specific use for it in my makeup routine, and that is to only apply a tiny amount to my lips while I'm doing my makeup to prep them for lipstick soon after. Somehow, that seems to be okay and doesn't induce peeling. This is more of a product I'm simply trying to use up so it doesn't go to waste rather than something I'm using because I actually like it. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing.

What are a few products that have underwhelmed you lately?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Labels